There will always be people who think that using sugar, olive oil and honey on your skin is a little crazy. However, there are people that find using a facial scrub recipe they have made themselves is the only way to go.
You know exactly what is in organic sugar and olive oil, for example, but you hardly know what is in a tube of cream that promises miracles. Often it is a bunch of chemicals, even if it does say it is completely organic.
Methods to Make Facial Scrub
Popular sugar scrub for the face
A lot of people find that sugar is one of the best ingredients that you can use. It’s no surprise, since the glycolic acid found in sugar automatically reacts with the epidermis and this is what helps as a natural face exfoliator.
Sugar with green tea and honey
photo credit: photobucket.com/user/lengtarang/media/scrub-face.jpg
- brew a cup of green tea, and leave it in the fridge until it has cooled off.
- Pour a tablespoon of tea into a bowl with a tablespoon of sugar.
- Mix in a tablespoon of honey to add to the moisturizing properties.
- Add more tea or more sugar, so that you have a paste.
Banana and sugar face scrub
I agree this kind of feels gross, but then again, it feels great once you wash it off. It takes a couple of minutes to make, and the banana is really good for your skin, containing healthy vitamins. It also helps with the anti-aging process, so give it a try!
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup sugar
Mix everything together and mash it up, so it forms a paste. This one you need to leave on for a little longer, like a face mask, so give it about 10 minutes, until you wash it off with a warm cloth.
Coffee facial scrub
4 Tbsp. olive oil
2 drops lemon juice
6 Tbsp. coffee grounds
photo credit: photobucket.com/user/I_like_stuff_bucket/media/olive_oil.jpg
The lemon juice will cleanse the pores.
- A lot of people say you have to use fresh coffee beans, but you can also use coffee left over that you have brewed in the morning. The end product is going to look a little like mud.
Oatmeal – homemade exfoliating face scrub for dry skin
Besides using this scrub for dry skin, it also helps get rid of any impurities, removing surface dirt and is perfect for sensitive skins.
This is very simple to make – Mix one tablespoon of oatmeal with 3 tablespoons of boiling water, and wait for this to become soft, which should take about 5 mintues. When it is cool, rub it on your face, and wash it off with warmish water after about a minute.
Homemade face scrub for oily skin
There are a couple of things that you can use here. Things like lemon, salt, egg white, cucumber are all great for oily skin. In addition, some of these ingredients can do a lot of good for other things like anti aging, so it may be worth your while to combine one or two of them.
Here is an example:
Mix 1 tablespoon lemon juice with a tablespoon of sea salt and rub this in for 4 minutes. Wash it off with cold water. Here, the lemon will be able to help get rid of any blemishes.
You can also use 2 strawberries with the same amount of lemon juice as above, as well as 2 tablespoons of ground oats. Mash these alltogether, and apply on the face for about 2 minutes.
photo credit: photobucket.com/user/ComplexBeauty09/media/Handmade%20Natural%20Skincare/mintyfreshfacescrub.jpg
Baking soda to get rid of blackheads
Most scrubs deal with blackheads, but baking soda has proved to be extra effective as a face scrubber.
- 1 tabelspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
Mix these together and apply on your face for a minute. Wash off with a warm cloth.
Natural facial scrub recipe for acne
People often get frustrated with what you buy at your local store, and half the time you can never find the right thing to deal with your acne. However, there are people who have had a lot of luck with natural remedies.
- Sea salt is excellent for this because it will kill bacteria that builds up. Use about 6 tablespoons of salt, and add warm water to form a paste. Add a couple of drops of vitamin E, because this will also help the cause.
- Use honey as well because you will start to see your face become a lot clearer in complexion. Mix 4 tablespoons of honey with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Use these scrubs on a regular basis. For acne, you need to use these more often. For best results, try and use them twice a day, and after the second week, you will start to see an improvement.
As we move into Fall and Winter, you will notice your lips becoming dry, and this always causes problems. You can use lip balms, but one of the best things I have found is a basic sugar scrub. It is a mixture of olive oil and organic sugar. Mix this together until it forms a paste. Rub it into your lips for a few seconds and leave it on for a minute or two. Wash it off, and apply it as many times as you need to.
Do this on a regular basis and you will soon start to notice a big difference. The sugar acts like an exfoliator and this is something that lip balm does not do for you. The olive oil is great for moisturizing, so it is the perfect solution really.